30 second summary:
- Link building is still one of the best tactics to improve your Google rankings
- Link building in the forum can help you tap into niche communities
- Crowd marketing is the concept of developing a strategy for building forum links
- You don’t need to be discouraged if you are just starting out
- Quality is important both in your content and in the forum you want to join
SEO has evolved over the years and is still more important than ever in your digital strategy.
It takes time to rank high in Google search results. One of the best ways to improve your success is to aim for credible backlinks to your content.
Backlinks can prove that the content is trustworthy and useful enough for users to improve you on SERPs.
Over the years, link building is still one of the most effective ways to build your SEO. It will help you improve your search visibility and work towards getting the SERPs higher in a consistent and efficient way.
The question is, how can you make the most of it in 2020?
Forum link building can be your secret weapon. Crowdo has published ‘The Ultimate Guide to Building Forum Links in 2020‘Share tactics and examples to make it work.
Here are the key takeaways:
Content created in collaboration with Crowdo.
Embrace crowd marketing
One of the most common link building tactics is guest posting. It’s the process of posting your content on another blog in order to get a link back to your website.
While it is a popular method, there are other options to consider.
For example, “crowd marketing” involves building links through communities and forums.
Crowdo lists the benefits of “crowd marketing” in its latest report:
- Forums can be relevant to any niche industry. You can get links to your website even when trying to reach a specific group of people
- Getting a link on a forum can be easier than posting a guest post.
- Many forums have been around for many years, which increases their credibility as a source of a link
Getting a backlink from a forum is relatively easy. Your research can help you find the best way to reach your target audience and maximize value.
However, it is important to avoid spam or automated link generators. Crowd marketing should be a white hat technique rather than a quick win with no tangible results.
Focus on the right links
You don’t want to collect as many links as possible if they don’t add value to your website and ranking.
The quality of the backlinks is crucial. If you are unsure how to define the quality of the backlink, here are some key factors to consider:
- Website traffic. Study the website traffic to understand its popularity and value
- relevance. Select the forums and threads that are relevant to the content of your website. Don’t waste your time on links that are useless.
- authority. Take a look at the website’s Domain Authority (DA). Tools like Ahrefs / Moz / Semrush can help you determine a site’s DA. Aim for a DA that is at least 50.
- context. Make sure your link is naturally in one sentence. Don’t just add the link yourself, put it in the right context.
- Quality of the forum. Analyze the quality of the forum. Too many spam posts are not a good indicator of their quality. Aim for forums that are heavily moderated as this can indicate an increase in quality and confidence.
Best practices for scaling link building
When you’re just getting started with link building, expanding your efforts can be difficult.
You don’t have to stop, however.
Here are Crowdo’s tips on how to tackle your challenges:
- Don’t skip research. Research is critical. Find the communities that are more relevant to your target audience. Take a look at their metrics. Read the latest topics to explore the topics you’d like to be featured on.
- build up trust. When you’re just starting out in a community, it’s important to take the time to build trust. If you need to register, fill out all the details on your profile, take part in additional conversations and aim for a long-term relationship.
- Confirm that Google is indexing the threads. Make sure that the forum threads you want to post are indexed by Google. You don’t want to waste your time without seeing the content indexed.
- Treat link building as an investment. Link building takes time. If your niche forum requires a registration fee, work on your end goal and what you want to make of it. If this warrants the investment, don’t hesitate to invest more time and resources.
If you’d like to see what creating a forum looks like, here’s an example from Crowdo’s report.
In this example, insurers are the target niche. The community has more than 80,000 visitors, 93 DA, 48 TF. This makes it the perfect source to add value to a conversation together with a dofollow backlink.
It’s a great example of how your research can lead you to the right source to make your link both useful and relevant.
If you need additional help building your forum, agencies like Crowdo can assist you with on-demand link building.
They offer our readers an exclusive offer with a 10% discount. You can Find out more here and take advantage of the offer with the voucher code given in the link.
If you want to learn more about forum link creation, check out the latest report here.