I hope you enjoy reading this blog post.
If you’d like my team to just do your marketing for you, click here.
You may have noticed some minor changes to Ubersuggest recently, but now it’s time for another major release.
In the past few months the application has gotten faster, we are slowly (but surely) working to improve the quality of the data and even made several updates to our Chrome extension.
Today we’re announcing a new feature that will make finding lucrative keywords even easier.
So what is it
It is a competitive analysis report!
An easy way to find keywords
I want you to go to Ubersuggest and put in the name of one of your competitors.
Ideally, add a popular one. The more popular the competitor, the more keywords are displayed.
If you don’t know a competitor, just do a Google search for a keyword that you want to rank for and access the top website.
Or you can just use neilpatel.com to see how it works.
At this point, you should see a report that looks something like this.
I want you to go to the sidebar and click on “Competitors”.
From there, you should see a report that looks something like this.
The top part of the report shows your main competitors in a graph.
You can easily see who is getting more traffic (remember, subdomains are counted as separate sites).
If you want, you can click the More Domains drop-down list and deselect some of the competitors, or even add more that may not be listed.
If you scroll down you will also see a long table.
In the table, you can see the competitive domain, the number of popular keywords you are ranking for, keyword gaps (the keywords that you are not ranking for – this is your main opportunity), the estimated traffic and the number of backlinks, that you have.
So let’s dive into the key words.
Common keywords and keyword gap
Within the table, you can drill down to the general keywords. All you have to do is hit the “Show All” button under that table column and you will see something like this.
It breaks down the general keywords that both you and your competition are ranking for.
This is useful as it shows you which keywords you are targeting that they may also be targeting.
As you drill down on this table, look for Volume, Location, Estimated Visits, and CPC.
- Volume indicates how often a keyword is searched for.
- The position shows where your competition ranks on Google.
- The Estimated Visits are an approximation of how much traffic they are getting with that keyword.
- CPC is how expensive a keyword is if you had to pay for it through advertising.
In general, you want to make sure that you rank higher than your competition on high volume, high CPC keywords. Ideally, they need both. This way you know that a keyword can increase not only traffic but also sales.
And my favorite part about this report is the keyword gap. This will show you the keywords that your competition is that you don’t have.
To view these keywords all you have to do is click “Show All” and a list will appear.
Again, look for the same metrics and look for high volume, high CPC keywords.
This means that these keywords increase traffic and usually also conversions.
I strongly recommend that you go through all of the keywords that each of your competitors are ranked for that you don’t.
Just keep clicking the Next 10 button in the table to see more keywords.
Or you can just click “Export to CSV” if you want to download all of the keywords.
Now go to Ubersuggest and try to find more keyword opportunities.
Hopefully you are using the competitor report as it gives you more keywords.
However, over the next few months you will see some big changes that will make all reports more useful.
- More precise dates – From traffic estimates to keyword volume, you’ll see better estimates that are much closer to the actual traffic from users. Our new estimation formulas take a lot more data into account so we can create better data for you.
- More link data – You will see a much more robust link record over the next few months as we work on expanding our database. It will be much more comparable to competing products and the link data will be indexed much faster. So if you create new links or lose new links, we will spot them faster.
- More accurate metrics – From domain authority to keyword difficulty levels, the data is more accurate on this point too, so you can make more informed decisions.
- Better filtering of keywords – Ubersuggest and even other SEO tools sometimes show keyword recommendations that don’t make sense. A new logic will be released soon that will remove most of these irrelevant keywords so you can focus on terms that will not only drive more traffic but also increase sales.
You’ll see big improvements in the accuracy of our data by the end of the year, if not in January, at worst.
We are already starting to roll out the changes slowly over the next few weeks and they will continue through January.
And after that, we even released some cool new features that you haven’t seen on any competing tool that will help you get more SEO traffic faster. 😉
So what are you waiting for? Give Ubersuggest a try.
What do you think of the new feature?